A Helpful Companion to Your Work Flyer
- This optional References Page is easy to create.
- Before listing your references, contact them personally and ask for permission to do so.
- Also ask your references if they have any reservations about recommending you for an entry-level position, and address those issues if necessary.
- Do not automatically hand out your references with your work flyer. Make this separate document available upon request, to keep paper shuffling to a minimum.
- If you need to use a second page, consider printing this document on the front and back of one single page.
Hello Mr. Orange, this is Will Schmidt. I am about to start looking for a part-time job and I am calling to ask if I could list you as one of my personal references?